Perhaps due to the rain, as well as the school vacations, the turnout at this month’s meeting was exceptionally poor.
The RSGB is pleased to invite all radio amateurs across the world to join us in celebrating the Cricket World Cup which is being held in England and Wales in 2019. We are organising an International Amateur Radio Marathon for the duration of the competition.
Overview and Objectives
- The marathon will run from 30 May 2019 to 14 July 2019
- UK and International callsigns will be activated on 9 HF bands using SSB, CW and Digital modes.
- A series of award certificates will be offered based on the number of QSOs made with the special UK and International stations.
- RSGB will be using the excellent Hamlogs system that was used so successfully for the Football World Cup marathon in 2018.
- RSGB is inviting other countries to take part and to activate special call signs with the suffix 19CWC or similar.
Full details of the Marathon including the Rules for Awards and a list of International callsigns can be found on the RSGB website at rsgb.org/cricket.
You can follow your progress in the Marathon on the Hamlogs Website atcricket2019.hamlogs.net.
For further information relating to the marathon please email ContestClub@rsgbcc.org.