The Singapore Amateur Radio Transmitting Society (SARTS) in its present form was established on 26 August 1968. Today the society has around 60 members. SARTS is a member society of the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU), Region 3 Asia Pacific.
Our objectives – among others – are
- To promote general advancement of science and practice of radio communication.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas of these subjects among its members.
- To hold meetings for the reading and discussion of technical papers.
- To enter into negotiations with the licensing authority in Singapore in all matters affecting the terms of licenses issued to members
We do not have any full or part time staff. SARTS is run entirely by volunteers, who hold full-time jobs elsewhere. The society does not have a club house or office.
The SARTS Council
The current SARTS council was elected during the annual general meeting in Feb 2019.
President S. Jothinathan, 9V1JN
Vice President Takehisa Sato, 9V1UU
Hon. Secretary Jeff Yeo, 9V1AS
Hon. Treasurer Siva, 9V1SV
Roland Turner, 9V1RT
James Brooks, 9V1YC
Benjamin Koe, 9V1KB
Hon. Auditor Dr. Klaus D. Goepel, 9V1KG
Our monthly meetings usually take place at 8 pm local time every last Thursday of a month at the Alumni Medical Centre, No.2 College Road, Singapore 169850. It is a short walk from MRT station Outram Park (EW16)
There will be no monthly meetings in June and December 2019.
Visitors and guests are always welcome!
Join SARTS as a member!
Your membership in SARTS will ensure that there will be a collective voice to represent and protect the interests of Radio Amateurs in Singapore.
Types of Membership:
- Associate Member: $25 per annum – for those who do not hold a 9V license,
- Full Member: $50 per annum – for those who have a 9V license.
Membership Fees are due in January each year.